April 16, 2012

Jack Michael Pierce

It's official! Baby Pierce's name will be...

Jack Michael Pierce


We both love the name Jack, and obviously his middle name is from Mike :) I've been busing getting the nursery ready and will devote a future post just to Jack's room. 

Mike and I went to my 21 week visit and got to see Jack doing his usual crazy wiggling all around on the sonogram :) This boy is REALLY active, it is so fun! The doctor did the full check and said that everything looks great. Afterward Mike said he was insanely nervous that we were going to find something wrong and that he was really relieved. Mike is so excited for Jack to come :) Every day he asks me if I've felt the baby move, he wants to make sure Jack's doing okay in there :)

On Mike's birthday we had a little adventure! After the evening came to a close I started feeling really sick. I got extreme abdominal pain and completely emptied my stomach. I knew it was attributed to something I had eaten at dinner, but we went to the ER just to make sure everything was fine with Jack. At the ER when they found out I was 22 weeks pregnant with abdominal pain, they sent me straight over to maternity. They hooked me up to the monitors and Jack was just as squirmy and healthy as ever :) They confirmed that it was just a really bad case of food poisoning, and I was able to go home after they hydrated me. 

I'm so grateful that Jack has been able to grow healthily!

4 comments:

  1. Cutest profile I have ever seen!!! So excited for him to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can't believe how perfect that picture is! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, sorry bout the food poisoning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I am sorry about the food poisoning! I bet that was terrible to have to go through!

    ReplyDelete